Information technology equipment (ITE), such as PC, laptop PC, monitor, projector and printer, is mainly subject to different electrical safety and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements by different governments. Partial categories may be regulated under energy efficiency acts depending on countries/areas. If it also has wireless function, additional radio frequency (RF) testing is required.
By the way, the 60950-1 series are the most popular safety standards applied to ITE. However, less and less distinction exists today between ITE and audio/video (AV) product categories. Thus, International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) published in 2010 a standard, IEC 62368-1 that is intended to replace the standards covering the two categories in the future.
ITE products shall be subject to the following testing and certification according to each country's regulations.
Testing Type( link )
Regional( link )
Certification( link )
Why Choose Bureau Veritas CPS E&E Taiwan?
Bureau veritas CPS E&E Taiwan is accredited as the following qualifications and can offer you the fastest and professional services.
01. TAF ISO 17025 accredited lab.
02. TAF ISO/IEC 17065 certification body.
03. Taiwan BSMI designated testing lab.
04. First BSMI VPC (Voluntary Product Certification) designated testing lab.
05. First private lab accredited by Taiwan NCC.
06. Taiwan NCC RCB.
07. CBTL with the scopes of EMC, OFF, TRON, BATT, PV, MED, SAFE, MEAS, HOUS & LITE.
08. First private safety testing lab accredited by ZLS (Zentralstelle der Lander fur Sicherheitstechnik).